I charge $500 for birth doula services, which include the following:
- Free Consultation: We will meet to discuss my services and contract, with no obligation to you.
- Prenatal Meeting: Once you have decided to utilize me as your doula, we will meet to discuss how I can best serve you while you are in labor and to develop your birth plan. I will also give information and resources to you regarding childbirth and parenting. Provided I am contracted early enough in your pregnancy, I am happy to meet with you more than once prior to your birth.
- Attendance at Prenatal Appointment: Some women like to have their doula attend one of their prenatal appointments with their obstetrician/midwife. I am available to do this if you so desire.
- On-Call Availability: I will be on-call for you 24 hours a day beginning in your 38th week of pregnancy. You will be able to reach me via email or cell phone at any time for routine questions, concerns, or if you think you are in labor.
- Support Throughout Labor and Birth: Once you are in labor, I will provide continuous support to you at home or in the hospital until the birth of your baby. This includes provision of comfort measures such as massage, emotional support and encouragement for you and your partner, information and explanation about medical procedures, digital photography (if you would like it), and assistance with initial breastfeeding. I will stay with you at least one hour after your baby is born to provide additional support.
- Postpartum Visit: I will visit you once in your home about a week after your baby is born to discuss breastfeeding progress, answer questions about newborns, and to debrief the birthing experience. At this time I will provide you with a written birth story and photographs of the birth if you chose to have them. (If you would like newborn photos, I can do that at this time as well for an additional fee.)
- Further Support: I will also be available for you to contact for emotional support and to answer questions and provide resources regarding children and parenting in the days beyond.
I also offer a greatly reduced or free rate for single mothers, teenage mothers, and women whose partners are deployed. Please do not let finances deter you from asking me to serve as your doula; contact me and we can discuss financial options.